Horseshoe cake *mom's recipe*. Originating in Springfield, Illinois the Horseshoe is a regional favorite. This open-faced sandwich is made with toasted bread topped with hamburger patties and piled high with french fries and cheese sauce. In this episode, Chef Zan gives you step-by-step instructions on baking the legendary Tapak Kuda or Horseshoe Roll Cake.
Ingredients of Horseshoe cake *mom's recipe*
- It’s of Ingredient A.
- Prepare 10 of cold eggs (6 whole/ 4 yolks).
- Prepare 160 g of Caster sugar.
- Prepare of Ingredient B.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ovalette.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of C Ingredient.
- It’s 150 g of Top flour/ Hong Kong flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare of Ingredient D.
- You need 75 g of melted butter.
- Prepare of Ingredient E.
- It’s 3 g of chocolate emulco/paste.
- Prepare of Ingredient F.
- You need of Nutella.
- You need 12 of *12 tray.
But back to the best carrot cake recipe ever. The texture and flavor of this cake is amazing! Pillowy cake meets decadent cream cheese buttercream Last, just like with any cake recipe, be sure and let the cake fully cool before you attempt to ice it. Otherwise it'll just melt and slide off the cake, making a.
Horseshoe cake *mom's recipe* step by step
- Beat ingredient A until foamy. Medium high speed..
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Add ingredient B and beat for another 5-10 minutes. After beating, the consistency should be at a stiff peakish. At low speed, add ingredient C then increase speed for 1-2minutes.
- In a small bowl, add in small amount of the batter into the melted butter and whisk/fold. When everything is well mix, add the small batter that we have mixed into the rest of the batter and fold it gently.
- Take out 110-150g of the batter and add in ingredient E. This will be our chocoate mixutre. Place the batter into a piping bag. Take out 10 g of the chocolate mixture and place it into a smaller piping bag.This is for the design and the rest are for the base..
- Pipe out the chocolate base neatly onto the tray. Then, add in the white batter on top of it. Lastly, grab your small piping bag and create some design on the white batter..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.
- When it's done. Add in desired filling on your cake (On the chocolate base) add fold im gently to prevent any breakage then wrap your cake with a cling wrap. •If cake is too thick, it may break like the second picture below (i used 8*8 tray which explains the thickness of the cake).
The BEST Carrot Cake you'll ever try! My Nana's easy recipe receives rave reviews for it's unbelievable moistness and flavor! Serving up real food for real families! Review Body: This is an unusual recipe and method, with the water and sugar however it produced an excellent cake. Review Body: This recipe was a hit for my brother's birthday!