Walnut Banana Cake. Banana Walnut Cake is a ridiculously easy one layer ultra moist banana cake loaded with flavor and topped with a rich cream cheese Banana Walnut Cake. Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. Slice it up and serve with coffee or tea.
Ingredients of Walnut Banana Cake
- It’s of (A) the cake.
- It’s 40gr of melted butter.
- Prepare 40gr of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of mashed ripe bananas.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda (works without this as well).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of (B) toppings (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 8 of whole walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted chocolate.
Stick-to-the-back of your fork The banana cake was dense, but not heavy. If that makes any sense? (Coming from the lady who talks. This video is about Banana walnut cake Smooth creamy bananas and crunchy walnuts ! yes the explosion of difference that makes our mouth happy. Soft fluffy Walnut and Banana cake, not to sweet and just right!
Walnut Banana Cake instructions
- Mix all the ingredients in section (A) together in a mixing bowl until smoothly combined..
- Cover pan with wax paper then pour in the batter..
- Bake in the oven on medium heat (200°C) for about an hour, or until fully cooked. to test, try inserting a toothpick- if it comes out clean with no wet batter, it is cooked..
- Allow cake to rest outside oven for 30 minutes..
- Make a simple syrup using section (B) water and sugar. combine in pot and let boil for 5 minutes..
- Put in walnuts to candy them, let them soak in simple syrup for 10 minutes..
- (optional) coat your cake in the simple syrup for additional sweetness. decorate with the candied walnuts..
- (optional) melt chocolate and spread over the cooled cake, then decorate with the candied walnuts..
- Allow cake to chill in fridge for at least 1 hour before cutting up and serving..
This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community. Add walnuts to your banana cake for a moreish, nutty treat. We have loads of banana cake recipes that go perfectly with a cuppa any time of day. I enjoy this delicious cake with ice cream or whipped cream, but it's great all by itself. It's moist and has a refreshing banana flavor!