Carrot Cake – WSM. How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly Lots of carrots make this the best carrot cake. I like to hand grate my carrots since I prefer the.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake – WSM
- Prepare 225 ml of Sunflower oil.
- You need 225 gr of light muscovado sugar Or Any Light Brown if cannot get it.
- You need 4 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 225 gr of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each mixed spice, ground cinnamon, ground ginger & ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 150 gr of sultanas OR 100 gr Sultanas and 50 gr Dried Mixed Fruit.
- Prepare 200 gr of carrots, coarsely grated.
- Prepare 50-75 g of walnuts or pecans or almonds (or mix), roughly chopped.
- You need of For Icing.
- Prepare 250 gr of unsalted butter, very soft.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp. of Orange or Lemon extract (optional).
- Prepare 400 gr of full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 300 g (11 oz) of icing sugar.
- You need of Any Silly Decorations that make you smile – of course Marzipan Carrots if you can get :).
With this healthy carrot cake recipe, now you can stay on your clean eating lifestyle and still get your cake, too! Tastes just like carrot cake when you add the yogurt just not as sweet as the real think. This homemade Carrot Cake is fluffy, super moist without being oily, spiced perfectly, and the silky Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting is out of this world! Bring these layers of deliciousness to a party.
Carrot Cake – WSM step by step
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan) mark 3. Grease and line the base and sides of a round 20.5cm (8in) cake tin with parchment paper. Put the oil, sugar and eggs into a large bowl and whisk together until smooth. (I used a food processor with the Cake / Bread attachment and pulsed).
- Add the flour, soda and spices to the bowl and mix to combine. Stir in the sultanas, carrots and nuts. Scrape mixture into the prepared tin, level and bake for 1hr 5min-1hr 15min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5min in tin, then remove from tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, in a large bowl beat the butter and vanilla until completely smooth, then add the room-temperature cream cheese and mix to combine. Sift over the icing sugar and mix (carefully at first, as otherwise there will be clouds of icing sugar) until smooth and fluffy.
- Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally through the middle. Use half the icing to sandwich the halves back together and place cake on a cake stand/plate. Spread remaining icing over top of the cake and lay on the carrot decorations, if using. Serve in slices..
Since the carrot cake cupcakes have been so popular, I knew I wanted to get an actual healthy carrot cake recipe up on the blog this year. With Easter less than a week away, today seems like the perfect. A moist and delicious Homemade Carrot Cake. A simple traditional Cake, with a creamy Cream Cheese Frosting. These carrot cake pancakes are fluffy, slightly sweet, and full of aromatic spices.