Spanish torrija cake. Try my delicious Spanish torrijas recipe, Spanish French toast served cold with honey, cinnamon This popular Spanish torrijas recipe has gotten me my fair share of compliments throughout the years! Sometimes called "Spanish French toast," this dish is traditional at Easter, but Perhaps the easiest way to describe torrijas, if you've never tried them, is that they are basically Spanish French toast. Torrijas is a typical easter spanish desert.
Ingredients of Spanish torrija cake
- It’s 2 of Greek yogurts.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 80 g of Melted butter.
- Prepare 4 Cups of milk.
- It’s 2 Cups of Flour (I use Gluten free).
- You need 80 g of sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vainilla essence.
The Spanish tortilla has nothing in common with the Mexican variety except its shape and its name Spanish Tortilla. Spanish French toast, torrijas, is soft inside, crisp outside and gently and warmly flavored. Remove from the oven and allow the tortilla to rest in the pan for ten minutes before inverting. Unlike most omelets, a Spanish tortilla is served at room temperature.
Spanish torrija cake instructions
- First step is mix well the melted butter with the sugar and with the eggs adding them one by one. After we add the yogurts with the cinnamon and the vainilla essence. We mix everything well. We add the flour with the instant yeast in little steps, we add for one cup of flour two of milk, to can move and mix well the dough. Once everything is mix it well we put the dough on the mold..
- With the oven previously heat at 200°C, we put to cook for 50 min at 180°C. Once it's finish let the cake get cold and reserve on the fridge for 4-6h. Enjoy it with the toppings that you want..
It is the classic tapa, prepared all over. A traditional Spanish dish, a Spanish tortilla is basically a gussied up omelette. In our recipe, we throw in some potato chips for texture, add some garlic for flavor. Photo about Spanish Torrija and golden fork and knife on a red and white tablecloth. Spanish Tortilla is a big potato and egg omelette that's served in slices.