Salted Caramel Sauce.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Sauce
- It’s 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt.
Salted Caramel Sauce step by step
- In a medium sauvepan, combine butter, sugar and cream. Whisk until melted.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to an even simmer, whisking often until thickened 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add vanilla and salt and mix well. Caramel will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Pour into container, serve warm or cold..
- Store in the refigerator. You can adjust the thickness of this caramel by how long you simmer it. I like it pourable so usally simmer 5 minutes. If after chilling it thickens to much just add drops of cream when reheating.