Caramel Corn. Typically a sugar solution or syrup is made and heated until it browns and becomes thick, producing a caramelized candy syrup. Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. This Caramel Popcorn (Or Caramel Corn) is a simple two step process.
Ingredients of Caramel Corn
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- You need 2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- It’s 1 tsp of soda( baking).
- You need 8 quart of popped pop corn.
All you need is freshly popped popcorn, brown sugar, butter, molasses, and corn syrup for homemade. This Caramel Corn really needs a warning label as eating one handful is just about impossible. Courtside Caramel Corn Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
Caramel Corn step by step
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Pop popcorn.
- Over medium heat combine first 4 ingredients..
- Boil for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda. Stir well..
- Pour over popcorn. Stir well to coat..
- Bake 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Bake in large roaster . ( i used a jelly roll pan lined with nonstick foil).
In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over. Caramel Corn with Peanuts – Everyday Food with Sarah Carey. Caramel corn is a fun, low calorie treat that's great for parties or snacking. You can also give away baggies of corn as party favors or Halloween goodies. Once you know the basics, you can.