Caramel popcorn. This Caramel Popcorn is spectacularly delicious and not meant for compulsive eaters because It is utterly addictive. I was worried I wouldn't have any Caramel Popcorn left to photograph because I. Popcorn is coated with brown sugar and corn syrup caramel then baked for a crunchy treat.
Ingredients of Caramel popcorn
- You need 1 of pre-popped popcorn (i used 2 2.15oz bags plus a 1.12oz bag) u could just use 2 regular size bags.
- You need 2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (may use less).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 of you could also add in peanuts or any other nuts u prefer, i have used pecans n its great.
Make this with or without corn syrup – I've discovered the. Making crunchy caramel popcorn is a two step process. First you make a simple caramel sauce on the stovetop by boiling butter and brown sugar for a few minutes. Then you coat the popcorn with.
Caramel popcorn step by step
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place popcorn and nuts (if using) into a large roasting pan and place into preheated oven to keep warm..
- Melt the butter in a med size pot, once melted add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir frequently and bring to a boil over med heat. Boil for 5 min. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt and baking soda. It will foam up some so be careful its very hot!!.
- Pull popcorn back out of oven and pour caramel over top and stir gently til well coated. Place in oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 min breaking up any large clumps..
- Once finished take out and spread onto wax paper to cool. Break up any large pieces that still may be there. Store in an airtight container..
It's a little crunchier than our caramel marshmallow popcorn, but the buttery caramel coating is undeniably. once you start hearing the corn popping and the popping has stopped remove it immediately from the heat so that it doesn't start burning. put the popcorn to the side to start making the caramel. This Caramel Popcorn hits all the notes! With just a few ingredients you'll have the best, freshest, caramel corn you've ever tasted and you'll never go back to the bagged or microwaved variety again! This sweet and salty caramel popcorn recipe (AKA caramel corn) is simple to make and impossible to stop eating. The caramel cools to a brittle candied shell around freshly popped popcorn.