Creme Caramel ..
Ingredients of Creme Caramel .
- Prepare 1 of Caramel.
- It’s 2/3 cup of – 180grams Caster sugar or super fine sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of – 80ml Water.
- It’s 1 of Custard.
- It’s 3/4 cup of – 180ml Milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of – 180ml pouring cream.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 4 of extra egg yolks.
- You need 1/2 cup of – 75grams caster or super fine sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Creme Caramel . step by step
- pre heat oven to 180°C \ 360°F . grease and lightly fine sugar dust inside of 4 ramikins and set aside till needed.
- Making the Caramel : place the sugar and water into a small saucepan stir to combine then place over high heat and stir till sugar has dissolved then bring to the boil and cook Der about 8-10 minutes or until the mixture becomes a dark golden colour . take off heat and pour evenly into prepared ramikins and set aside to set until needed ..
- Preparing Custard : Place the milk and cream into a medium saucepan over medium heat stirring until milk just comes to boil , remove from heat . Now in a separate bowl place the eggs and egg yolks , the sugar and the vanilla and whisk till well combined , then gradually add the prepared milk mixture into the egg mixture and whisk to combine till smooth and creamy ..
- Filling Ramikins : Using the back of a spoon gently pour the custard mix evenly into caramel prepared ramikins and place ramikins in a bain marie / water bath and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until set . once cooked remove from bain marie , cover and set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until completely cooled ..
- To Serve : Remove from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving , run a smooth bladed knife , run around the edge of set custard and place a plate or bowl over top of ramikin and turn over so your plate is now upright , remove ramikin and the creme custard and the caramel sauce should slide right out into your bowl or plate covering the creme custard in caramel sauce . serve cold and enjoy . 🙂 ..