Yum Caramel Tart ..
Ingredients of Yum Caramel Tart .
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of caster sugar ..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk ..
- It’s 125 grams of butter ..
- It’s 1 tbsp of golden syrup ..
- You need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk ..
- Prepare 1 of 9inch pie crust ..
- It’s 1 of or.
- You need 1 of batch rich short crust pastry . can find the recipe in my following under ladybird , my first profile ..
Yum Caramel Tart . step by step
- Pre heat oven to 180°C \ 260°F and make rich short crust pastry to directions from my profile in my following recipes , or blind bake the pre made pie crust for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden , remove from oven and set aside to cool while making the caramel filling ..
- In a heavy based saucepan place the milk and sugar and stir to combine , now place pan on low heat , cover and slowly bring to the boil – about 20 minutes . now with a wet pastry brush , brush the sugar crystals from the side of the pan , then add the butter , condensed milk and the golden syrup to the pan and through mixture is smooth ..
- Boil the mixture uncovered for 30 minutes or until it reaches soft ball stage – 115°C / 240°F on a sugar thermometer . Mixture should be a rich caramel colour ..
- Pour the mixture into the pre baked cooled pie crust , smooth out , cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours , best overnight . Once set remove from fridge cut into portions and serve cold , can garnish with cream , ice cream , melted chocolate or just eat it the way it is . enjoy . 🙂 ..