Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn.
Ingredients of Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn
- You need 8 cup of popped plain unseasned popcorn.
- You need 1 cup of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark corn syrup.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper if you like it with a bit more heat add 1/4 teaspoon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn step by step
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray. Or use a large disposable foil baking pan, spray that with non stick spay if using.
- Combine all ingredients FXCEPT popcorn in heavy saucepan, bring to a boil the reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Have popcorn ready on the prepared baking sheet pour hot caramel over popcorn and combine well. A rimmed cookie sheet works best so the popcorn stays on while mixing,.
- Bake in the preheated 250 oven for 1 hour mixing well every 15 minutes.
- You know its done when all the caramel has coated the popcorn and is well glazed.
- For a variation you can add cashews, peanuts, pecans or any unsalted nut about 1/4 cup added with the popcorn.
- When removing finished popcorn from oven, transfer to a large piece of foil to cool. Store at room temperature in a Ziploc bag.