Caramel Walnut Tarts.
Ingredients of Caramel Walnut Tarts
- Prepare 2 each of Store bought sheets of frozen puff pastry.
- It’s 2 cup of Toasted walnuts.
- You need 3/4 cup of Maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 large of Eggs.
- It’s 45 grams of Butter, melted.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground allspice.
Caramel Walnut Tarts step by step
- Prepare tart base by lightly greasing a 35cm x 12cm loose-based tart tin, and laying the (defrosted) puff pastry on the base. Use both sheets so they overlay slightly in the centre and there is excess pastry hanging over the edges. Trim the edges with a knife and gently press the pastry to the sides of the tart tin..
- To make walnut filling, mix eggs, melted butter and maple syrup together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add sifted flour and walnuts to the wet mixture and fold in until combined well..
- Pour walnut filling into prepared tart tin and spread evenly..
- Bake for 25 mins at 180deg celsius until golden.
- Cool in tin before serving.