Caramel Apple Scones. A drizzle of caramel complements the apple and whole wheat flavors of these rustic-looking scones. Caramel Apple Scones Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Homemade caramel apple cinnamon scones with crunchy tops, warm centers, and caramel Caramel Apple Cinnamon Scones.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Scones
- It’s of Scones: 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for later.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 stick of plus 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- It’s 2 of apples (your choice) cored and cut into 1/2- to 3/4 inch cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of caramel cubes.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s of Glaze: 2 Tbsp heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted caramel.
Apple Salted Caramel Scones are the perfect treat to enjoy this fall. Filled with all the warm spices, these apple scones are flaky, buttery and topped with my favorite homemade salted caramel sauce! Unbelievably delicious scones loaded with apples and salted caramel – my new perfect treat for breakfast! Apple Scones Recipe Caramel apples aren't a big deal in my house for a few very-good-reasons.
Caramel Apple Scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- To make scones: In a big bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Add butter and use your hands to rub into the flour mixture slightly, still leaving it in chunks. (Thick dime- to quarter-size pieces..
- Gently mix in the apples and caramel. (I prefer my hands).
- Gradually add the buttermilk while very lightly folding the dough with your hands. Mix until just combined, turn out the dough onto a flour-covered surface, and pat into a circle 1 to 1 1/2 inched thick. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place them a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet..
- To glaze the scones: Brush the tops of the scones with the melted caramel and cream. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the cones..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and stick a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and a rack..
Personally, I can't seem to get. Lightly sweetened, whole grain apple scones recipe made with fresh grated apple and applesauce, drizzled with an easy caramel glaze. Check out more great recipes on the Best Bread Recipes page! These soft, flakey Caramel Apple Scones and a cup of hot cider is a delicious way to start the day. The buttery caramel glaze on top adds so much flavor to each bite.