Simple Caramel Sauce.
Ingredients of Simple Caramel Sauce
- You need 4 ounces of salted butter, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Option fr salted caramel sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of …teaspoon sea salt.
- Prepare of `.
Simple Caramel Sauce step by step
- Combine butter, sugar and cream in a saucepan, cook over medium low heat stirring until melted.
- Cook at a simmer stirring only once or twice until the sauce is smooth, simmer 4 minutes, sauce will be thin, don't be tempted to cook it longer it thickens as it cools and if overcooked will not be pourable when it's cooled..
- Stir in vanilla. If your making the salted caramel option add the salt now and cool compleatly.
- Use as a dessert save on ice cream or fruit. Use in Cake, cupcake, brownie, pie or torte recipes. Add to frostings or whipped cream or use as a finishing drizzle.