Cream Cheese Ogura Cake.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese Ogura Cake
- Prepare of Yolk batter:.
- Prepare 200 gr of cream cheese (soften).
- You need 50 gr of unsalted butter.
- You need 50 gr of granulated sugar.
- You need 5 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 50 gr of cake flour.
- It’s 150 ml of milk (slightly warm).
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s of Egg white batter:.
- Prepare 5 of egg white.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 50 gr of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Cream Cheese Ogura Cake step by step
- Preheat your oven into 312°F or 160°C..
- Prepare your 18×18 cm round mould. Lay the base with baking paper, no need for sides. Use a mould that looks like a bowl, or without connection for best result, so that your cake will not get too moist inside. (No need for greasing or dusting either).
- Melt your cream cheese and butter with double boiler method (low heat), stir occasionally using balloon whisk..
- Take off from your stove, add sugar, stir it until all combine, add flour (divide it into 1/3 each time you pour in), after all completely combine, add egg yolks one at a time, and continue with milk. Stir them until all smoothly combine..
- Strain the yolk batter to prevent lumpy batter, then add lemon zest, mix it well..
- Into the other bowl, beat egg white with salt and lemon juice. Beat it using medium high speed, when the egg white starts to get bubbly add sugar spoon by spoon until all completely in..
- Beat until it reaches soft peak consistency. Which means, when you lift your balloon whisk out of your batter, the tip of your egg white could droop way down. And when you flip your mixing bowl up side down, the batter will not fall from your mixing bowl..
- The some of the egg white batter into the egg yolk batter, stir it well. And after that pour all the yolk batter back into the white batter. Stir it well using a spatula, take your time while combining this batter, make sure they mixed well..
- Pour your batter into the mould, if you could see it's ribboning, it means that you are having a perfect batter..
- Bake it using water bath method. Add some water out side the mould, and put your mould on top of it..
- Bake around 90 minutes. After your cake done, take it out from the oven, and hit it to a flat surface from 30 cm height, 2 times. This is the way to prevent it from shrinking too much..
- Well next, you could decorate your cake using icing sugar on top, enjoy!.