Ingredients of Classic Cheesecake
- It’s of Crust:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs (or 10 whole sheets).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need of Cheesecake Filling:.
- It’s 4 (8 oz.) of each block style cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of large eggs, at room temperature.
Classic Cheesecake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If using whole sheets of graham crackers, pulse them in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs our into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and melted butter until it is all combined. It should resemble wet sand. Pack the mixture tightly into the bottom of a 9"or 10" springform pan. I use the bottom of a metal measuring cup to pack it down tightly. Pre-bake the crust for 8 minutes, then take it out of the oven and set aside to make the filling..
- In a large bowl, using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar together on med-high speed until creamy and smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice and beat until fully mixed together. Then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just incorporated. Once the final egg is incorporated, stop mixing! Over-mixing could cause it to deflate or crack..
- Wrap tin foil securely around the springfoirm pan, wrapping it up the sides as well to prevent water leaking into it while it's baking. Then place it into the center of a large roasting pan and fill the pan with about 1 inch of hot water. Use a rubber spatula to pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan, over the crust and smooth the top..
- Bake for 55-70 minutes. I would recommend checking it every 20 or so minutes to make sure it isn't browning too much on top…if it is, then loosely tent some foil over the pan. When it's done, the center should be almost set, but with a slight wobble when you gently shake the pan. Turn the oven off, but keep the cheesecake in the oven and open the oven door slightly. Let it sit in the oven an additional hour, then remove it and run a butter knife along the edges to loosen it from the pan..
- Let it come completely to room temperature. Once it's at room temperature, place it in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before serving..