Cream of vegetable soup. Homemade Creamy Vegetable Soup is an insanely delicious, creamy vegetable soup without any cream. Its perfect if you are looking for a vegetarian meal or just something light and easy. Lets talk about this creamy vegetarian soup today because it is just as delicious as any meaty chicken soup.
Ingredients of Cream of vegetable soup
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of spring onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped capsicum.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cauliflower.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn kernels.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh cream.
He usually ate as few vegetables as possible—but he asked for a second bowlful! —Mary Parker, Copperas Cove, Texas. Several people told me it was the best soup that they'd ever had. This Creamy Healthy Vegetable Soup is super low cal, gluten free and incredibly delicious. The secret – a seasoned broth made with peeled zucchini I was specifically trying to make a super low cal cream of vegetable soup, so I wanted the white soup broth to have a fairly neutral but seasoned flavour.
Cream of vegetable soup step by step
- In a heavy bottom pot heat oil and butter and add chopped garlic to it. Saute until light brown in colour. Now add chopped onion and cook for a minute. Do not brown the onion..
- Now add all the chopped vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. Now add plain flour to it and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add water and milk mixture to it and stir continuously..
- When the vegetables are half done at salt and pepper powder to it and mix well. We do not want to cook vegetable so much. We want them crunchy so keep checking on vegetables..
- While vegetables are still crunchy, add fresh cream and mix well. Turn off the heat. Serve hot..
How to make creamy vegetable soup. Prepare the vegetables by sautéing the carrots, celery, and onion in butter and oil. Stir in the chopped potatoes Remove the vegetable mixture from heat and add in the cream mixture. Season to taste, top with sharp cheddar shredded cheese and enjoy this. For a vegetarian or vegan version of this soup, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock.