Cream of Mushroom Soup. Use the everyday mushrooms we find in our grocery store or use them in combination with some of the more exotic varieties. When it comes to the soup and sandwich deal, mine always comes out of a can and cream of mushroom is a casserole ingredient. Cream of mushroom soup is a simple type of soup where a basic roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms and/or mushroom broth are added.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- You need 200-250 grams of button mushrooms.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped onions or 1 small to medium-sized onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 of tejpatta bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk whole or full fat – at room temperature.
- Prepare 1-2 pinches of ground nutmeg powder or grated nutmeg.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of cream, – low fat.
- You need 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour or all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of chopped parsley or coriander leaves.
- It’s as required of freshly crushed black pepper.
- It’s as per taste of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of finely chopped parsley.
Cream of mushroom soup With step by step photos and video. I make this creamy, umami and flavorful mushroom soup recipe on occasions and it is always loved by everyone. Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. This cream of mushroom soup tastes decadent, but it's secretly healthy.
Cream of Mushroom Soup instructions
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. add the bay leaf and saute till fragrant for about 2 to 3 seconds. add the finely chopped onions and garlic. saute till the onions soften and become translucent..
- Add the flour and saute for 3 to 4 minutes stirring often on a low to medium-low flame. the raw aroma of flour should go away. then add freshly crushed black pepper and mix well.Add the slices of mushroom and sauté well till the mushroom become light golden..
- Add water first followed by milk. stir well and season with salt. on a low to medium-low flame let the soup come to gentle simmer first. the mushroom soup would also begin to thicken. stir at intervals. simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes till the soup thickens more..
- Cool it and Blend. then add the cream and chopped parsley. simmer mushroom soup or 1 to 2 minutes more stirring often. lastly, sprinkle ground nutmeg powder and stir..
- Switch off the flame and pour the soup in individual serving bowls. Serve the cream of mushroom soup steaming hot garnished with parsley or coriander..
Its creamy texture comes from pureed cauliflower! Now, I'm a total mushroom convert, and this homemade cream of mushroom soup is one of our favorite dishes to share on cold nights. This easy homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is so comforting, creamy and full of fresh mushrooms. If you're a mushroom lover (like me) you are going to LOVE this soup. It's chock-full of fresh mushrooms in a rich, savory and creamy broth.