Spicy cream of tomato soup. This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. Nothing is simpler or more classic than opening up a can of cream of tomato soup for lunch. So if you're going to make a homemade version, it had better be worth the extra bother.
Ingredients of Spicy cream of tomato soup
- You need 1.5 kg of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 5 of mild red chillies.
- It’s 1 of x punnet of mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of x onion.
- It’s 4 of x cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 of x stock cube.
- Prepare leaves of Lime.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
Serve this comforting soup with a melty vegan grilled cheese sandwich. Find recipes for creamy tomato soup, roasted tomato soup, and more! Homemade tomato soup is perfect for any time of the year. Find recipes for creamy tomato soup Quick and Easy Cream of Tomato Soup.
Spicy cream of tomato soup step by step
- Heat oven, chop up tomatoes, chilli, onion and garlic. Roast all in a deep dish for 30 mins.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Boil up 4 pints or so of water, add stock and lime leaves.
- Transfer the roasted dish to the pot and cook for another 30 mins..
- Take off the heat, add cream to taste.
- Heat through for a further 10 mins..
- Serve and enjoy.
Use canned diced tomatoes and whole milk to make a delicious creamy tomato soup. Cream of tomato soup recipe with step by step pics. Delicious creamy tomato soup made without cream. This cream of tomato soup is a vegan recipe. The creaminess in the soup comes from cashews which also balances the tang of the tomatoes with their inherent sweetness.