Cream of tomato soup. This Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe is the perfect tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes. This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. Also, cream cheese or sour cream works better because of the extra acidity, especially when using sweeter tomatoes like the Bianco Dinapoli cans.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato soup
- It’s 2 quarts of canned tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of soup stock.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of flour.
- You need of Celery salt.
- Prepare 1/2 pint of cream.
- Prepare 1 pint of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
This recipe most decidedly is, although it's really not that much more work. Cream of tomato soup recipe with step by step pics. Delicious creamy tomato soup made without cream. This cream of tomato soup is a vegan recipe.
Cream of tomato soup step by step
- Put tomatoes and stock in kettle add no water boil 10 minutes.
- Strain through colander add soda strain through fine sieve.
- Blend flour and butter add to milk add water.
- In double boiler heat cream and milk.
- Combine mixtures heat.
- Little whipped cream when serving.
The creaminess in the soup comes from cashews which also balances the tang of the tomatoes with their inherent sweetness. Here's a surefire chill chaser for Linda Parkhurst of Brooklyn, Michigan. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter. Gradually stir in the cream cheese mixture, cream and basil. This simple cream of tomato soup recipe creates a classic, fresh, warming soup that's a big favourite.