Cream of Spinach Soup.
Ingredients of Cream of Spinach Soup
- It’s 1 pound of spinach, well washed, thick stems trimmed.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions, trimmed & roughly chopped.
- You need 3 cups of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s of Small grating of nutmeg.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy or light cream, half-and-half or milk.
Cream of Spinach Soup instructions
- Place trimmed spinach and chopped spring onions in a large saucepan..
- And stock to the saucepan and turn heat to medium high. Bring to a boil, and lower heat so mixture barely bubbles. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is very tender, about 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat, add nutmeg and a sprinkling of salt and pepper, and let cool at least a few minutes..
- Pour soup into a blender, in batches if necessary, and carefully purée. (Alternatively, use an immersion blender directly in the pan which is what I do when blending soups.) Return to pan, add cream, and over medium-low heat, reheat gently, stirring occasionally. When soup is hot, adjust seasoning, and serve..
- Garnish with a few pieces of the chopped onions or a swirl of cream (optional)..