DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup.
Ingredients of DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour (I use Bob's Red Mill GF 1 to 1 Baking Flour).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms, broccoli, celery, or chicken (whatever flavor you need).
- It’s of To taste- salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup step by step
- Over medium heat, saute the "whatever flavor" in the 3 tbsp butter..
- Create a roux by adding the flour to the melted butter. Whisk in flour and allow to cook for a minute or two..
- Add the chicken stock and milk to the roux and whisk constantly..
- Continue whisking/stirring over heat until the thick consistency of condensed soup..
- This is equivalent to 1 can of cream of (blank) soup, and works well in casseroles..