Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup
- It’s 3 of each Idaho potatoes — diced small (1 ¼ pounds).
- It’s 2 ounces of butter.
- It’s 1 of each leek – whites only- washed well — finely diced.
- It’s 1 of each small onion — finely diced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic — finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 40 ounces of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- Prepare 8 fluid ounces of cream.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 8 ounces of Hot Italian pork sausage links- Cooked — Cut in half on a bias/ half moon shape (You can Double the sausage if desired).
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 tablespoons of parsley – chopped fine.
Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup step by step
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the onions, leeks and garlic then cook until light brown..
- Cook off the sausage cool and cut in half on a bias/ half moon shape..
- Dust with flour and stir together and cook to make a compound roux. (About 1 minute).
- Add the diced potatoes, chicken stock, thyme, fennel seed salt and pepper then simmer for 15-20 minutes then add the cream..
- Add the sausage, parmesan cheese until the cheese is melted..
- Add the parsley. Adjust the salt and pepper as needed.