Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup. Onions, celery, and broccoli cooked in chicken broth are pureed with milk in this quick scratch-made cream of broccoli soup. Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a.
Ingredients of Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 lb of broccoli.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
The cream of broccoli soup recipe is similar to the Mushroom soup i had posted a few weeks back. Cream of broccoli soup is a soup prepared with broccoli, stock and milk or cream as primary ingredients. Ingredient variations exist, as do vegan versions. Move over Cream of Broccoli Soup -This recipe for Healthy Creamy Broccoli Soup is a no cream version with the indulgent flavor and no guilt.
Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup instructions
- Bring water to boil in large pot over high heat. Add one forth of salt. Add chopped broccoli, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or into tender, drain..
- In blender, combine drained broccoli and chicken broth, blend until smooth..
- In large pot, melt butter, add remaining salt and saute' onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over onions, stir and cook another 3 minutes until onions are well coated and fragrant..
- Slowly stir in milk, heat just until boiling, stir constantly. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 minute..
- Pour broccoli mixture into thickened milk, stir well. Serve warm, enjoy!.
How to Make Healthy Creamy Broccoli Soup. Melt the margarine or olive oil in a heavy medium pot over medium-high heat. This Cream of Broccoli Soup was made squeaky clean and super healthy! No cream, butter or flour added. I love Cream of Broccoli Soup.