Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. A quick swirl of two-tone, mint-chocolate frosting and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips created Mint-Chocolate Chip cupcake perfection. All this mint chocolate cupcake perfection ended up completely for naught! A huge storm blew through that resulted in downed trees, power lines, no electricity, and work being closed for a day and a half.
Ingredients of Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 box of dark chocolate cake mix.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 tsp of mint extract.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of milk.
- It’s of Green food coloring.
- You need 3 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
Friends, it is THAT time of year. The time March rolls around, bringing with it potentially warmer weather (nevermind the weird snowstorm we got this past weekend or the one that's affecting a lot of the east coast today… I don't rule out. Top homemade chocolate cupcakes with a rich chocolate ganache, mint frosting, and chopped creme de menthe chocolate mints for cupcakes that your friends and family are sure to love. Over high heat, boil the water in a small saucepan.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes instructions
- Mix cake as directed. Add 1 teaspoon of mint extract and a 1 1/2 chocolate chips.
- Grease two twelve muffin tins.
- Pour batter into cupcakes tin and bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes..
- To make frosting, mix powder sugar, remaining mint extract, and milk.
- Mix add milk until desired consistency. Now add food coloring..
- Decorate and eat..
Pour the unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and mix with boiling water until smooth. Also, these cupcakes look so lovely, I could have sworn that there was a giant scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream on top of the cupcake! Clean up is a breeze and they taste amazing, just like mint chocolate chip ice cream:) To make the cupcakes, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream until smooth. Whisk the eggs separately, then add to the mixture along with the flour, until everything is mixed together. Then stir in the chocolate drops.