Peanut Butter cupcakes. The cupcakes came out moist with a delicious peanut butter flavor not overpowering. I frosted them with milk chocolate frosting and my peanut butter-loving fiance said they were "the best food" he has ever had! These are my new & improved peanut butter cupcakes.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter cupcakes
- It’s of cupcakes.
- It’s 55 grams of butter, soft.
- You need 225 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 115 grams of peanut butter (can be crunchy).
- You need 2 each of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 225 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare of frosting.
- Prepare 125 grams of butter, soft.
- It’s 3 tbsp of peanut butter (not crunchy).
- Prepare 225 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. These tender cupcakes are made with peanut butter in the batter and are topped with creamy peanut butter frosting. Peanut butter cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. Made from scratch with simple ingredients you already have in your pantry, these cupcakes are easy and scrumptious!
Peanut Butter cupcakes step by step
- preheat oven to 180°C. put cupcake cases into the cupcake tray.
- beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl until well combined – for 1-2 minutes. add 1 egg at a time and the vanilla extract. beat until combined..
- sift in the flour and mix together. gradually add the milk until well combined..
- spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 25 mins or until they are golden brown. to test if they are done put a wooden skewer into the center and if it comes out clean they are done..
- to make the frosting, mix butter, icing sugar and peanut butter together. add the maple syrup and milk and mix well..
- pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and they are ready. I put mine in the fridge to set the buttercream more..
One challenge with baking with peanut butter is that it tends to make baked goods dry. I made several tweaks to this recipe to avoid that. The peanut butter frosting is the really winner with these cupcakes and it couldn't be easier to make. How to make peanut butter frosting: My biggest tip for making peanut butter frosting is to use a commercial brand of peanut butter, NOT natural or homemade peanut butter! These peanut butter cupcakes are for the true peanut butter lover – they are super peanuty, light, fluffy, and moist.