Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes. In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and orange zest. Here is how you cook it. Ingredients of Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes.
Ingredients of Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes
- Prepare 1 cup of self raising flour.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coco powder.
- Prepare 2 oz of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 4 oz of milk.
- It’s 1 of orange zest.
- Prepare of cake topping.
- Prepare 1 of juice from one orange.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- It’s 1 of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 of orange zest for decoration.
- It’s 12 ml of orange juice.
Add the orange zest and juice with the cocoa powder afterwards. Another thing that really gives this Chocolate Orange Cupcake a delicious twist is that there is actually orange zest mixed into the cupcake itself. So you don't just have orange as the frosting you have it in the cupcake. And boy, zest really does add flavor.
Chocolate and zesty orange cupcakes step by step
- Mix cake ingredients together, split into 12 cake cases and bake for 20 mins or until the cakes are cooked..
- When removing cakes from oven, do the stick test. If cooked drizzle with your fresh squeezed orange juice to taste. (do a few drops at a time.e so your cases don't become wet).
- Leave to cool then mix icing sugar and water to make thick paste and sprinkle orange zest on top.
I used to think that there really wasn't any use to zest until I started using it! Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until combined. This chocolate orange cupcakes recipe from Fran Gage contains chocolate and orange zest. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.