Root Beer Float Cupcakes. Root Beer Float Cupcakes bring the old-fashioned flavor of root beer to a cupcake dessert. Each bite of this sweet cupcake recipe will take you back to the soda fountain! Source: Better Homes and Gardens Save Pin Print.
Ingredients of Root Beer Float Cupcakes
- You need 1 box of White cake mix.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of Root Beer Soda (divided).
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Canola oil.
- You need 1 envelope of Whipped topping mix (Dream Whip).
I made my root beer float cupcakes from scratch. They are very simple to toss together. Line muffin pans with paper liners. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder.
Root Beer Float Cupcakes step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 1/4 cups cold Root Beer Soda.
- Mix for 2 minutes on low speed until well blended.
- Fill cupcake liners in a cupcake tin with batter, 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In another bowl, mix Dream Whip and 1/2 cup Root Beer. Mix until creamy..
- Let cupcakes cool and top with topping..
Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Ice cream isn't needed to capture the flavor of family-favorite floats! Just add root beer to white cake mix! Root Beer Float Cupcakes is the quintessential summer dessert. If you're looking to bring an elevated dessert to a summer or holiday party, try this cupcake recipe.