broken glass cupcakes. For a spooky Halloween treat, serve these tasty cupcakes topped with "broken glass." The secret? The "glass" is made from the same recipe we use to make caramel, just cooked for a shorter amount of time so it remains clear. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Ingredients of broken glass cupcakes
- You need 1 box of red velvet cake mix.
- Prepare 1 of cream cheese frosting.
- Prepare 1 of Candy Glass.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 of sugar.
- You need 1 of candy blood.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 14 dash of red food dye.
- You need 2 dash of blue food dye.
How to make Sugar Glass Shards Halloween Cupcakes. First, you'll need to make glass sugar. Clip the candy thermometer to the sauce pan. Combine the ingredients and stir until it begins to boil.
broken glass cupcakes instructions
- prepare the cake mix according to the box, place in cupcake tray bake and let cool as you normally would.
- frost with cream cheese frosting or any white frosting you prefer.
- mix the water and sugar in a deep pot and bring to a boil till all sugar dissolves, then continue to stir until it reaches 300° you can check with a candy thermometer, then quickly pour into a greased pan and let cool completely, this will be your glass shards, simply smack the sheet of hard candy to create the glass shards.
- to make candy blood put the corn syrup in a bowl along with the corn starch then slowly add the water until it reaches your desired consistency, then add the blue and red food color.
- lastly you take your frosted cupcakes, shove one shard of candy glass in each cake and top with"blood".
When it starts to boil, don't stir. Just let the bubbles work their magic. Candy glass can be kept in a zip top bag or an airtight container for about a week. Moisture (including the moisture from the frosting on the cupcakes) will eventually start to break the glass down. Edible Blood: Place sweetened condensed milk into a small bowl and mix in red food color gel and flavoring until you get a brilliant red color.