Butterfly cupcakes. To make the sponge, tip the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder and milk into a large mixing bowl and beat with either a hand whisk or electric mixer until smooth, pale and combined. Cut the tops in half and set aside. Spoon one teaspoon of whipped cream into each cupcake hole, and then top with a little bit of jam.
Ingredients of Butterfly cupcakes
- You need 250 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of self raising flour.
- You need 1 of gel food colouring.
- You need 1 of double whipping cream.
See more ideas about Cupcake cakes, Butterfly cupcakes, Cupcakes. We create gourmet cupcakes and cakes to suite your design and budget. Pretoria and Johannesburg region South Africa. These cupcakes are really easy to make, don't need any icing – just a dollop of whipped cream and dessert is done.
Butterfly cupcakes step by step
- One mix is complete separate into the amount of bowls you have if food colouring. You need to colour each bowl different..
- One mix is coloured, place in cupcakes a spoon at a time of the separate colours, it takes a while but worth it..
- Bake on 150 for 15 mins. Chop top of cake off when cold, cut peice in half and use for the wings. Whip cream and pipe on top. This will hold wings in place..
You can 'butterfly' any cupcake by cutting a circle out of the top of the cupcake, slice off the inside bit to make it flat, cut it in two to make two wings and sit them in the whipped cream. Light, tasty individual cakes with a jam centre, vanilla buttercream topping, and sponge 'butterfly wings'. Slice off the top fourth of each cupcake; cut the slices in half and set aside. For wings, place two reserved cupcake halves, rounded edges together, in pudding mixture. Perfect for birthday parties, bridal showers, and summer potluck parties, our cupcake recipes are sure to delight.