Meatloaf Cupcakes. Meatloaf baked in muffin cups and topped with mashed potatoes, also known as meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato icing, are kid-approved. Reduce heat; cook potatoes until fork-tender. These cute little meatloaf cupcakes are irresistible to kids – big and small.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes
- It’s of the base.
- It’s 1 lb of your choice of hamberger meat or minced meat..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chives.
- You need 1 of whole large egg.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs/crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 of House meatloaf mix.
- It’s of toppings.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of milk – to desired consistancy.
- You need 1 tsp of butter or to taste.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover. Using a simple meatloaf recipe, homemade meatloaf is turned into a mini version that is a fun comfort food meal for the whole family with these Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes. Press into a muffin tin sprayed with nonstick baking spray. These mini-meatloaf cupcakes cook much faster than regular meatloaf which can take up to an hour or more.
Meatloaf Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place 3 slices of bread on the rack. Wait till bread is dried out. Crumble when cool. Or buy some from your grocery store xD.
- Peel, wash and cut up potatoes while waiting on bread to toast. Put on medium heat until soft when poked with a fork..
- Mix all base ingredients into large mixing bowl and mix till every thing is evenly distributed..
- It's best to put small squares of parchment paper into the muffin cups or use paper cupcake cups for easier removal. Hold in either with a thin layer of butter..
- Fill cupcake cups with base mixture. Your oven should still be at 350. Place pan in oven for 15-20 mins. If your not using cupcake cups or parchment paper pull out half way through cooking and run a knife around between meatloaf and pan..
- While meatloaf is cooking take water from potatoes and mash with butter and milk to taste. Place in a freezer bag and in fridge to let cool so thicker..
- When cool use bag to pipe mashed potatoe mix onto a flat shallow pan into swirls like icing on a cupcake. Let set in fridge till needed..
- Pull muffins tin from oven and let cool. Place bottoms on same flat shallow pan as the tops removing them as you put the bottoms down and place tops on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese of your choosing and bake again on 350 till desired cheese is baked on..
- Serve with beans or carrots on the side. Two to a person. Double the batch if you want thicker bottoms..
- Add chives or bacon bits to the top as fun sprinkles if desired!.
They also are easier for quick freezing or defrosting, packing for lunches, or taking on-the-go. If you don't have a muffin pan, my sweet potato Shepherd's pie is another great option that cooks in a single pan. The meatloaf itself could have been a bit lighter and more flavorful in my opinion. I also put in a teaspoon of basil a teaspoon of Oregano and a few roesmary leaves. Place stuffed meatloaf mixture into muffin cups.