Apple Crumble Cupcakes. Pour cupcake mix into a muffin tin lined with cupcake cases. In a small bowl, rub the flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter together with your fingers until you have a crumble. I filled the cupcakes with chunks of apple, plenty of spices and then baked some crumble into the top of them.
Ingredients of Apple Crumble Cupcakes
- It’s of For the cupcakes:.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 230 g of flour.
- It’s 155 g of sugar.
- It’s 125 g of butter.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of apples.
- Prepare of For the crumble topping:.
- It’s 75 g of sugar.
- It’s 100 g of cubed butter.
- Prepare 150 g of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of For the icing:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 100 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 200 g of butter.
- You need 250 g of icing sugar.
- You need 2 TBSP of milk.
The combination of chopped apples and applesauce makes these Apple Cupcakes moist and flavorful. The crumble topping adds a bit of crunch that pairs perfectly with the cinnamon and nutmeg in the cupcakes. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions.
Apple Crumble Cupcakes instructions
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Prepare the apples. Peel, core and chop them into cubes. Put into a medium pot half filled with water and boil for 7 minutes, until soft. Once the apples are soft, drain them well and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar. Whisk in eggs. Sift in all the dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Fill a cupcake pan with cupcake wrappers and scoop the batter evenly in. Bake for 15-20 minutes..
- Crumble: Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour, sugar, and cinnamon, until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Line a baking tray. Spread the crumble evenly over the tray and bake until golden, about 5-10 minutes..
- Icing: Cream together the butter, brown sugar, vanilla essence, and cinnamon until creamy and combined. Mix in the icing sugar. Once incorporated, mix in the milk until the icing is soft, but can hold it's shape..
- Assembling: Spread a layer of icing on top of a cupcake using a knife. Dip the cupcake into a bowl filled with the crumble topping so it sticks..
Once the apple pie filling is made, the cupcakes baked, you can make the crumble! You can also make the crumble and the cupcakes the night before of assembling. These cupcakes were such a hit! I made mini cupcakes with the icing and the crumble. I didn't have icing left, just piped everything on the cupcakes (maybe I needed more because I made mini's).