Cherry cupcakes. These Cherry-Almond Vanilla Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for any birthday party or family get-together. Don't forget to spread the cherry cupcakes with butter frosting–and garnish with a cherry on top, of course! This recipe was inspired by my favorite candy, chocolate covered cherries.
Ingredients of Cherry cupcakes
- It’s of For cupcake batter:.
- It’s 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 (21 oz) of can of cherry pie filling.
- Prepare of For Buttercream:.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 cup of lightly salted butter, room temperature.
- You need 2 Tbsp of meringue powder.
- You need 3 tsp of pure vanilla.
- It’s 2 lbs of (about 8 cups) powdered sugar.
- It’s 4-6 Tbsp of water (depending on consistency desired).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of table salt.
Frost cupcakes; top each with one cherry from pie filling. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate remaining pie filling for another use. Spoon generous teaspoon of remaining cherry filling onto center of each cupcake.
Cherry cupcakes step by step
- For the cupcake: At room tempterature beat unsalted butter at medium speed until creamy. Pour in sugar and beat well. Add 2 eggs one at a time, before adding the next make sure it is well combined..
- Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Beat until it is smooth..
- Take a cupcake baking tray and add cupcake liners and pour the batter into individual baking cups, until they are about 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Should get 24 -18 cupcakes..
- For the butter cream: Measure water, put in small cup and add salt. Stir to dissolve..
- Mix butter and Crisco on low until combined. Add meringue powder and vanilla extract. Mix on low to combine..
- Add powdered sugar gradually, still mixing on low..
- Gradually add salted water and mix on low for 1-2 minutes until well combined, scraping paddle and sides of bowl as necessary..
- You will need a pastry bag and a tip #48..
- I made these cupcakes 2 ways. First one I cut a hole in the top part center of the cupcake and filled it with cherry pie filling and did this with a few i was serving right away the rest i didnt fill..
- I took a little bit of brown icing food coloring and dyed the icing a light brown. Then I iced the top of each cupcake. Then i put a spoonful of cherry pie filling and placed in on top..
- I filled my pastery bag filled with buttercream and the tip on it. I decorated it like you would see it look like the sides and top of a cherry pie..
Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting, and garnish each one with a reserved cherry. These Cherry Cupcakes have a Cherry Pastry Cream filling, and are topped with a White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting. Every week I've been making cupcakes for #cupcakemondays on instagram. So far, I've made Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes , Oreo Cupcakes , Macadamia Coconut Cupcakes , and Caramel Cashew Cupcakes. These cherry cupcakes feature a soft pink cupcake filled with maraschino cherries and covered with creamy maraschino cherry buttercream.