Meatloaf Cupcakes. Meatloaf baked in muffin cups and topped with mashed potatoes, also known as meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato icing, are kid-approved. Reduce heat; cook potatoes until fork-tender. These cute little meatloaf cupcakes are irresistible to kids – big and small.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 lbs of Ground Beef.
- It’s 2/3 Cup of Ketchup.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of Worcester Sauce.
- It’s 1 of Sleeve Ritz Crackers.
- Prepare of Shredded Cheddar.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Finely Shredded Mozzarella.
- It’s 2 cups of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need of Pink & Purple Food Coloring.
- It’s of Cupcake Liners.
Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover. Using a simple meatloaf recipe, homemade meatloaf is turned into a mini version that is a fun comfort food meal for the whole family with these Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes. Press into a muffin tin sprayed with nonstick baking spray. These mini-meatloaf cupcakes cook much faster than regular meatloaf which can take up to an hour or more.
Meatloaf Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I used prepackaged mashed potatoes for the "icing" so heat up the potatoes in the microwave and add two drops of food coloring to each bowl. Put them aside to thicken and set..
- Begin preparing the meat. Add the beef, ketchup, milk, worcester sauce, egg, crackers and cheddar into a bowl and press everything together with your hands. Season with salt and pepper. Prepare a cupcake tin by filling it with paper or foil liners..
- Scoop the meat into the liners. Press the meat all the way downwards into a cupcake shape..
- Bake for 30 min. As you can see in the pic, the meatloaf might stick to the papers and they will lose their shape. They can easily be taken out and repapered into new liners. As you take them out, I would recommend patting the oil off the "cupcakes" with paper towels before placing them in the new liners..
- After they are in the new liners, you can begin to ice them with the mashed potatoes..
- You can put anything on top from bacon to gravy or chives, but I was going for a more authentic cupcake look so I added finely shredded mozzarella to look like coconut..
- Heat and serve!.
They also are easier for quick freezing or defrosting, packing for lunches, or taking on-the-go. If you don't have a muffin pan, my sweet potato Shepherd's pie is another great option that cooks in a single pan. The meatloaf itself could have been a bit lighter and more flavorful in my opinion. I also put in a teaspoon of basil a teaspoon of Oregano and a few roesmary leaves. Place stuffed meatloaf mixture into muffin cups.