Lemon, Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes. Combine lemon juice, milk, egg whites, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. To make the raspberry curd: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the raspberries, egg yolks, sugar and salt, and cook, mashing the berries.
Ingredients of Lemon, Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes
- You need 200 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 200 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 4 of egg.
- You need 200 g of caster sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 50 g of ground almond.
- It’s of zest of 1 lemon.
- You need 150 g of punnet raspberry.
- It’s of For the icing-.
- Prepare 250 g of icing sugar.
- It’s 80 g of butter at room temperature.
- It’s Squeeze of lemon juice.
- You need 25 ml of whole milk.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lemon.
Make homemade low carb cupcakes with this simple recipe. These cupcakes are so tasty and quick to prepare. Cupcakes filled with lemon curd and topped with the most amazing frosting. These mini lemon almond flour muffins, or cupcakes, have a lovely lemon tang, squidgy center and make the perfect relatively healthy treat or snack. (Bonus: they're gluten free) This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon, Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes instructions
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases..
- Mix together the butter and sugar..
- Add the flour, baking powder, lemon and ground almond..
- Mix in the eggs one at a time..
- Spoon into the cases. Once filled individually add 1 and half raspberries into each cases lightly crushing them before they go in, poking them down into the cake. (You can fold the raspberries into the mixture before putting them into the cases however I wanted an equal distribution of them).
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and just firm. Leave to cool completely before icing..
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and butter together. Once it starts to come together add the milk, lemon zest and juice..
- Pipe the frosting on, adding a raspberry on top..
See more details in the policy page. This fresh Lemon Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins recipe is light, zesty and crunchy! When baked, the Almond Crunch Topping turns into a delicate crispy streusel, which contrasts the smooth tender muffins beautifully, and adds a sweet finish with almond flavor. You do not need to double the raspberry filling or the frosting. You will have plenty for both.