Apple and Sweet Potato Towers.
Ingredients of Apple and Sweet Potato Towers
- It’s 2 medium of sweet potatoes.
- You need 2 medium of apples (Golden Delicious).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 7 of plain digestive biscuits.
- It’s 1 of zest of 1 lemon.
- You need 300 grams of unsweetened Greek yogurt.
Apple and Sweet Potato Towers instructions
- Wash, peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Place into a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Microwave on high for roughly 4 minutes.
- Peel and core apples, chop into 1 inch chunks.
- combine apples, sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl making sure to cover all of the apples.
- Tip apples into bowl with sweet potatoes and mix together.
- Microwave for 15 minutes on high (stir every 5 minutes) until apples and sweet potatoes are soft but not falling apart.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon cornflour and 1 teaspoon water in a cup and stir in (this will help thicken the water in the bottom of he bowl).
- Microwave once more for 2 minutes on high, then leave to cool down slightly..
- Crush biscuits into fine crumbs.
- In a bowl mix Greek yogurt and lemon zest together.
- Using a 3 inch ring (best to use the plate your serving on) – first biscuit as a base then sweet potato & apple and finally top with the yogurt & lemon zest. Pack the tower tightly so when you remove the ring it wont collapse..
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
- Serve ASAP as the yogurt does tend to begin to run down the side as it warms up..