Tina's Homemade Fruit crisp. I've got a love/hate relationship with crackers. They're an easy entertaining option – serve a box of rye crisps with a wedge of firm cheese and a handful of dried fruit and you've got a fast appetizer – and are mighty convenient for handing out to the kids while killing. Raincoast Crisps Copycat Homemade fruit and nut crisps — perfectly chewy, crunchy and easy to make from scratch with dried fruit, nuts and seeds. Every few weeks, the husband and I will make a smorgasbord of these foods for dinner and just snack away while catching up on our Netflix queue.
Ingredients of Tina's Homemade Fruit crisp
- Prepare of Fruit mix.
- It’s 1 medium of Golden delicious apple.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Red sdls grapes.
- You need 2 medium of Thinly sliced bananas.
- Prepare 1 medium of Lemon.
- You need 1 medium of -lrg orange.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Frzn Blueberries.
- You need 1 cup of Of sugar or abt 10, (or as much is needed for your sweetness lvl), pckts of sugar substitute..
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Frzn tropical fruit blend.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Frzn triple berry blend w added frzn strawberries.
- You need of Crisp topping.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Quick cooking oats, these amounts were not measured, I'm guessing,.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Brown sugar, lite or dark, your preference. these amounts were not measured, I'm guessing,.
- You need 1/4 cup of -aprox ½ cup bisquick, these amounts were not measured, I'm guessing,.
- You need 1 stick of Butter, still refrigerator cold, cut up..
- Prepare 1 dash of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
Crisps, crumbles, and cobblers often get lumped together as the same dessert, but they are distinctly different. Cobbler requires a biscuit-like dough with a sturdy structure and is more like a distant cousin to crisps and crumbles. Top tip for making Homemade Toffee Crisp bars. No need to have fresh fruit on hand to pull together this classic cobbler.
Tina's Homemade Fruit crisp step by step
- Slice both the lemon & orange in ½. Use the knife to separate the segments. Using a grapefruit spoon, add the fruit segments to the bowl. Do this over the bowl so you don't lose any of that good juice. :).
- Peal, core, & dice up the apple.
- Thinly slice the bananas. (of course peel it 1st! ;)).
- Add the blueberries.
- In the same large bowl as the lemon & orange, mix together the apple, grapes, bananas, & blueberries w the lemon & the orange..
- Add ½ the sugar now..
- Let this rest so the juices can develop..
- Next, add the tropical fruit & the triple berry blends..
- Add the rest of the sugar. Mix til all is well incorporated. Let this rest while you make the crisp. Again, so the juices can develop..
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F..
- The crisp topping:.
- Put all in the food processor & blend on pulse til it is all mixed together & crumbly..
- NOW, TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER:.
- Grease(w non-stick spray) or butter a medium sized cake pan..
- Pour the fruit into the pan. Spread it out evenly..
- Now crumbly the mix over the whole thing, not leaving any bare spots! Now bake til the topping is nice & crisp & the fruit is nice & bubbly hot! Time is just aprox abt 25 min or til topping is crisp..
- Let coool b4 serving or serve warm w ice cream!.
Canned apple or peach pie filling form a sweet base, and dried cranberries add just the right touch of tang. Make your own crisps using your microwave! A tasty and easy alternative to bought crisps (not to mention alot cheaper). A mandoline or food processor makes slicing the potato into paper thin slices alot easier. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.