Easy homemade doughnuts. Making homemade glazed doughnuts is easier than you think. Homemade Glazed Chocolate Doughnut Holes: Get the Recipe. Baked Mini Buttermilk Doughnuts with Nutella Glaze: Get the Recipe.
Ingredients of Easy homemade doughnuts
- You need 2 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of fresh warm milk.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s of warm water.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need pinch of of salt.
- You need of oil for frying.
Carefully take the doughnuts out of the muffin tin. Take out the paper balls with your fingers. Once you've made homemade doughnuts I guarantee you'll never look back! They're easier than you think to make with this easy step by step picture recipe.
Easy homemade doughnuts step by step
- In a small bowl, add the yeast, 3 tablespoonful of flour, 5 tablespoons of warm water and mix together. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise and double and begin to form small bubbles in it. Then set aside Tip: this mixture is called a ''starter''. It shows you how active the yeast is and also kick-starts the leavening(rising) process of the dough.
- Into another large bowl, add the remaining flour, sugar and salt,mix well.
- Now add the egg, warm milk, melted butter and the yeast batter(starter). Mix thoroughly for about 10 minutes, then fold the sticky dough into a rough ball & place in a greased bowl.Cover with a clean napkin or nylon, tilt to one side and leave for about 1 hour until the dough doubles in size..
- When the dough has risen, place on a floured table; flatten with your palms and rub a little flour on the sticky flattened dough. You can also flatten with a rolling pin, but the first method yields fluffier donuts.If the dough is too sticky for your liking, you can add a little flour and fold it into the dough..
- Now using a a biscuit cutter or the wide top of a glass cup, cut the flattened dough into doughnuts rounds and use a smaller cutter or bottle cap to cut the holes..
- If you want very large donuts, you can leave the donuts to rise for another 20 minutes,I left mine for 20mins.
- Heat up the oil until very hot- about 180º C (you can do an oil test by dropping a little of the dough in the oil, to see how fast it will fry) Now fry the donuts in the oil for 1 minutes on each side. Transfer into a sieve, lined with paper towels, to absorb excess oil..
- If you desire roll the doughnuts in sugar or any glaze of your choice and enjoy..
Easy, homemade, doughnuts – what more could you want? These simple doughnuts filled with a homemade custard recipe to die for are the perfect sweet treat to eat at any point during the day. Making doughnuts from scratch is easier than you think. Use this basic glazed-doughnut recipe as a starting point and have fun with the Making DIY Glazed Doughnuts Is Easier Than You Think! Make your own fresh homemade doughnuts from scratch – a real treat for birhtdays, holidays or any day!