Simona's Vegeterian Spaghettis.
Ingredients of Simona's Vegeterian Spaghettis
- Prepare 500 grams of spaghettis or fettuccine.
- It’s 20 of asparagus, cut in pieces of 3/4 inch (approximately).
- Prepare 20 of mini-tomatoes, each cut in half.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of feta cheese, diced in small cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of green onions, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of cooking cream 15% (use 35% if you want a thicker sauce).
- Prepare 1 1/2 clove of garlic, chopped finely.
- It’s of salt and black pepper.
- It’s of ground nutmeg (optional).
- It’s of Additional Flavor.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of crimini mushrooms, chopped (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Simona's Vegeterian Spaghettis step by step
- Boil some water in a small pot and add asparagus. Boil until mostly tender but still just a little crunchy. Drain when ready..
- In the mean time, cook the pasta in a large pot according to the instructions on the package. When ready, drain and put them back in the same large pot..
- Melt butter in a smaller pot, on medium heat. Add the green onions and the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until garlic starts to be golden brown..
- Add the mini-tomatoes and the asparagus. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the feta cheese and mix well. Lower the heat to a little less than medium..
- Add the cooking creme, add salt and pepper to taste (not too much salt since the feta is already salty). Add nutmeg to taste (optional)..
- Cook until you start seeing bubbles in the cooking cream. When ready, add the sauce to the pasta in the large pot. Mix well, until all of it is covered and soaked in sauce..
- If you choose to add mushrooms for a little more flavor: heat olive oil in a pan on medium high. Add mushrooms and stir well. Sauté the mushrooms until tender. Serve on top of pasta..