Garlic knots. Garlic knots are a pizzeria favorite, and in New Jersey, their presence was a sign that the pizza joint Making knots is a thrifty way to use scraps of dough and the leftover garlic-butter-parsley sauce most. Garlic knots are a type of garlic bread found primarily in pizzerias around New York City and the surrounding regions. The true origins are lost in history, with many pizzerias claiming to be the original.
Ingredients of Garlic knots
- You need 1 lb of Ball of Fresh Pizza Dough.
- You need 5 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Homemade Garlic Knots made with a butter garlic topping are a fun bite-size appetizer or side to with pizza, pasta or salad. My family begs me to make these! These novel knots are handy because they can be made ahead of time and re-heated when needed. Garlic Knots Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Garlic knots step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Place the ball of dough on a floured surface and cut it ½ inch strips. Form the knots from each strips and place them on the parchment lined baking sheet..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown, meanwhile make the oil..
- In a small food processor, add the garlic, oil and parsley, blend until smooth..
- Immediately out of the oven add the knots to a large bowl and pour over the garlic oil, season with a little salt and pepper and toss together until they are well coated in the garlic oil..
- Notes- I used minced garlic, and Italian seasoning, with a cheap just add water pizza dough. It didn’t make much as you can see….. from the one bag…. I do have an easy recipe for pizza dough, but for this I didn’t have the time to make it and I had the bag of pizza dough to use up anyway..
- Add some parmesan cheese when tossing in the oil mixture…..
A Homemade Garlic Knots recipe made completely from scratch! ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR MORE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Full printable recipe. Remove the knots from the oven, place them in a big bowl. While the knots are still hot, drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, cheese, parsley, red pepper and salt. The garlic knot recipe I'm sharing is a variation on a general pizza crust, with an extra fluffy and doughy texture: As you can see from the picture, the interior is quite soft and pulls so beautifully.