Lasagna. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with. Recipes and tips for terrific lasagna.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- You need 1 lb of sweet Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef (angus).
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 6-8 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 28 oz of can of crushed roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 12 oz of tomato Roma paste.
- It’s 13 oz of tomato sauce (I used maggiano’s diavolo tomato sauce).
- It’s 1/2 cup of homemade chicken stock.
- You need 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 4 tbs of fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- It’s 12 of + lasagna noodles (I used no boil noodles).
- It’s 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare Dash of nutmeg.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese (as much as desired).
- It’s of Fresh grated Parmesan-Romano cheese (as much as desired).
You can make vegetarian lasagna, a meat lover's lasagna, or lasagna with all the works, packed with your. We've got lasagne recipes to suit all tastes: Mary Berry's lasagna al forno recipe is the classic full-length version but she's also got a great quick lasagne recipe when you're short of time. Get a Lasagna mug for your friend Zora. Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one.
Lasagna step by step
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and broth. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for at least 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. (I cooked mine 2-3 hrs and made the night before).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. (if you use no boil noodles you can skip this step and just layer as is).
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)..
- To assemble, spread some meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish (I used a disposable oversized lasagna pan). Arrange noodles over meat sauce (I think I only used 4 noodles per layer). Spread noodles w/ ricotta cheese mixture. Spoon meat sauce over ricotta mix, and top with mozz/parm/romano cheese. Repeat layers (I made 3 layers).
- Cover with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. (I made mine the night before to allow flavors to meld and had to cook a bit longer since it was starting out cold). Cool for 15 minutes before serving..
From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot"). Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic (Semitic) lawzinaj ("almond cake"). Lasagna is both a type of noodle and a dish made with that noodle; when pluralized, lasagna noodles are known as "lasagne". Lasagna is always a good crowd pleaser, as it can be meatless. Lasagna é a cidade de uma raça de gatinhos chamados Doram.