Veggie and meat lasagna. Arrange another layer of lasagna sheets on top. It was my way of combining a vegetable lasagna with a meat lasagna. Charles thought I was trying to sneak vegetables in.
Ingredients of Veggie and meat lasagna
- You need 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground meat.
- You need 1 of oven ready lasagna.
- You need 1/2 package of spinach.
- You need 1 can of favorite pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pesto.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil, i used olive oil.
- It’s 1 package of shredded yellow cheese.
- Prepare 1 package of shredded white cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of broth.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder or any other seasoning u like.
There's so much to love about this recipe: It's as comforting and cheesy as any meat-filled lasagna, yet feels so much more wholesome thanks to the serious dose of vegetables stuffed inside. It's tasty and a little different from usual lasagna recipes. You won't even miss the meat! Cheesy Veggie Lasagna Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Veggie and meat lasagna instructions
- Saute onion and bell peppers in oil. Then add ground meat and garlic. Cook until done, drain if necessary.
- Add pesto to meat mixture. Turn heat off. Add shredded spinach to meat mixture. Then add 2/3 of sauce to meat mixture with 1/3 cup of water or broth.
- Add favorite seasoning to mixture..
- Add a layer of noodle, then half meat mixture, then 1/3 of cheese in the next layer. Repeat until top layer is cheese.
- Bake 375°F for 45 mins to a hour.
Mmmmm I just love a good lasagna on a cool winters night. Lasagna SoupI Heart Eating. yellow onions, garlic cloves, tomato paste, Italian sausage, chicken. This veggie lasaga is packed with veggies. I started with a tofu mixture from How It All Vegan, and then went from there. (I expect that the nutrition info is off on the cholesterol. Regular lasagne noodles are vegan, and would have no cholesterol.the Zaar nutritional content is showing cholesterol.