Macarons. A macaron (/ˌmækəˈrɒn/ mak-ə-RON; French: [makaʁɔ̃]) or French macaroon (/ˌmækəˈruːn/ mak-ə-ROON) is a sweet meringue-based confection made with egg white, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond meal, and food colouring. The macaron is commonly filled with ganache, buttercream or jam filling sandwiched between two cookies. See more ideas about Macaron flavors, Macaroons, Food.
Ingredients of Macarons
- You need 2 of egg whites, room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of powdered palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar (or palm sugar).
- You need 3/4 cup of almond flour.
Macarons step by step
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and prepare a pastry bag.
- Sift powdered palm sugar and almond flour until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, while gradually adding the brown sugar, until they form medium peaks **Can add any liquid flavouring or colours at this time**.
- Carefully fold in the dry ingredients.
- Scrape into a pastry bag and pipe into small circles on the parchment paper.
- Lightly tap the baking sheet to flatten the macarons and let sit for 45 minutes.
- Firmly tap the baking sheet once and bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the macarons have cooled, pair with a similar sized macaron and fill with desired filling.