Matcha (Green Tea) Macaron.
Ingredients of Matcha (Green Tea) Macaron
- You need 100 g of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 60 g of almond powder.
- It’s 60 g of egg white (about 2 eggs).
- You need 25 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 g of powdered green tea (matcha).
- Prepare of some sweet red bean paste.
Matcha (Green Tea) Macaron step by step
- Push the almond powder through a tamis and then add the powdered sugar and the matcha. Then sift them together..
- Beat the egg white, adding the granulated sugar in two times, and beat them until stiff peaks form..
- Add the powders into the egg white, I usually do it in two times. With a spatula, try to turn the mixture over so that the foam won't break down too much..
- When it's roughly mixed, do the "macaronage". Using a skepper, push the mixture onto the bowl to break the extra bubbles. It's done when the surface is shiny and it drops smoothly but not too liquid..
- Put it in a piping bag. Use a silicon sheet for macarons if you have. If not, use the baking sheet. I also put a sheet of carton paper under the baking (or silicon) sheet. Pipe the dough on the sheet, keep it upright, until about 2 cm. Keep enough distance to other macarons..
- Leave them for several hours to dry until they make skins. It takes many hours in the humid weather..
- Bake in the oven preheated at 160 degree C for about 13-4 minutes. They make cracks when the lower heat is too strong, and they bust when the upper heat is weak, so I put them on the top position (very close to the ceiling of the oven). Turn the board in the middle of the baking..
- Cool them down and remove from the sheet. Spread the bean paste or ganache on a macaron coque and bind with another. Enjoy!.