Quick Pesto Cream Pasta.
Ingredients of Quick Pesto Cream Pasta
- You need of Pasta of choice.
- Prepare of Heavy cream, Ok half-and-half or whole milk will work too.
- It’s of Basil Pesto.
- Prepare of Parmasen cheese.
- You need of Oil (if making pasta ahead of time).
Quick Pesto Cream Pasta instructions
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box (be sure to salt the water) and drain… Now if you're going to eat when it's ready move on to step 2…. I make this on sports practice nights and I MAKE IT AHEAD of time like this: Cook and drain pasta, rinse pot under cold water, return pasta to pot and pour in a little oil just enough to coat and stir it or be lazy like me and put the lid on and shake it a couple times 🙂 place the pot with the lid on in the fridge..
- Return drained pasta to pot, add cream and pesto to taste and heat over medium heat. If your using heavy cream take it easy with the heat, scorched cream is going to ruin your meal and your day as your kids start to yell, "Gross! What's that smelI?" And you have to sigh and explain it WAS dinner…. Sorry I'm back… Moving on….
- Uncermoniously dump prepared pasta into a bowl, or spoon it into a fancy serving dish, or eat it directly from the pot… I'm not judging you…..
- Feel free to add chicken, sausage, steak, or veggies to make it a complete well balanced meal. I serve it with a simple salad and a smile at conquering dinner in less than 15 minutes :).