Pasta with Tuna. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood. This pasta recipe by Gennaro really is the definition of quick Italian cooking.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small chopped onion.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- It’s 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- Prepare 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s of Pasta of choice.
- You need of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Prepare of Crushed red peppers (optional).
The sauce is made with canned tuna fish, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and oregano/basil. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna. When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to the bowl with the tuna. Add the tomato sauce with the olives, toss everything together, and serve.
Pasta with Tuna step by step
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
But like all children of immigrant families, mom had a cheap solution for times like this: pasta with tuna. Stir in the minced tuna and then the olives. Season with salt and remove from the heat while you Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling water. When the pasta is a few minutes away from being finished. This Pesto Pasta with Tuna is so simple yet so tasty!