Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream. Make this simple fennel-scented sausage to toss into pasta or onto pizza Par-cook large crumbles to fold into Thanksgiving stuffing or a pot of soup Or fry up patties and serve alongside crusty bread and a bowl of tender white Italian Fennel Sausage. Peel and finely mince the garlic and shallots. Remove sausage meat from casing and chop roughly or crumble.
Ingredients of Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream
- You need 5 of Italian sausages, casings removed and cut into 1/4 in rounds.
- It’s 16 oz of dry pasta (ideally penne, but I only had linguine).
- You need 1 of bulb fennel, chopped (reserve the fronds for garnish).
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Pasta Recipes Sausage Recipes Main Dish. Creamy Tagliatelle with Italian Sausage MeatballsReceitas Da Felicidade! Parmesan, cream, italian seasoning, italian sausages, egg yolks. Fry the sausages in a large skillet over medium heat, turning frequently until cooked through, about I used Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage to keep it healthy.
Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream step by step
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausages to the pan (no oil needed, they'll release oil as they cook). Fry until the sausages start to brown. If your pot of water is boiling by this point, drop in the pasta..
- Add the fennel to the pan of sausages and fry for 2 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and fry another 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and a couple of splashes of pasta cooking water and turn the heat down to low..
- Stir the butter into the sauce until it melts, then add the cream. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste..
- When the pasta is a minute from done, drag it into the pan of sauce. Toss everything together. Add pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the noodles. Serve with a garnish of the fennel fronds and freshly grated parmesan..
Love the contrast of spicy sausage against the sweet fennel. Pasta with Sausage and Cream is a hearty, substantial dish that is quick and easy enough to make on weekday night. If I had to pick a region that this sauce is typical of I would say Emilia-Romagna, specifically Bologna. I don't know if they would serve it on penne there, but I think it works quite well. This delicious pasta with juicy salsiccia, fresh peas and fenchel is the perfect meal for every occasion, whether lunch or dinner.