Chicken BKT Pasta. I've had to get a bit more This dish is actually very healthy: whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken, crispy kale. We love the look of mezze penne, a smaller version of regular penne, but you can use any short pasta you like. All the flavors of your favorite BLT sandwich, from smoky bacon to fresh tomatoes, come together in this quick and easy one-pot pasta.
Ingredients of Chicken BKT Pasta
- It’s 2.5 cups of dried pasta (I used shells, but wish I had penne to use.
- Prepare 1 of large chicken breast, diced.
- Prepare 6-8 of sliced bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1 jar of or can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1.5 tsp of basil.
- You need 2 of pinches, dried chili flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of parm cheese (the kind you have to shred yourself if you).
Reviews for: Photos of BLT Pasta Salad. A yummy marinara pasta packed with veggies that kids will love. BLT Pasta Salad Recipe – delicious Summer pasta salad idea! Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes with farfalle pasta and creamy dressing (no mayo option too!).
Chicken BKT Pasta instructions
- Season died chicken with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot until cooked el dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot (because I love one pot meals) add your diced bacon and brown. Once the bacon is cooked, remove the bacon and set aside..
- Add the chicken to the pot and cook in the bacon fat (drain some of theres too much fat) and cook chicken until brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside..
- In the same pot, add your tomato sauce and add the remaining seasonings and garlic. (Careful with he salt because theres salt in the bacon and the parm cheese that you're adding later).
- Add your kale to the sauce and let everything bubble and cook together about 8 min. Then add your cream and milk. Stir together.
- Add your chicken and 1/2 your bacon back to the pot, then add your parm cheese. Stir.
- Add your cooked pasta back to the pot and stir to combine everything..
- Plate and garnish with extra pieces of the bacon and add more shredded cheese if you want… DELISH, ENJOY!!!.
Looking for chicken breast and pasta recipes? Featuring all the fun fixings for a BLT chicken sandwich, this salad is so lovable. These amazingly delicious chicken BLT burritos (with avocados, too, if you like!) are so easy to make. Perfect for a busy weeknight or meal on the go! I mean, how could it not be amazing, right?