Puff pastry fried rounds. Place entire cut round on top of an un-cut round. Deep fry the puff pastry for about two or three minutes, though this largely depends on the size of the pastry. Trying out puff pastry for the first time can be a daunt task.
Ingredients of Puff pastry fried rounds
- It’s 1 pack of ready to roll puff pastry.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of margarine or butter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of custard powder.
- It’s of Oil to fry.
Cover with puff pastry rounds and press edges. or freeze. Typically, these are made with two types of pastry dough, a water-based dough made in it's simplest form from flour and water, and an oil-based dough, usually made from flour and fat such as margarine, butter, ghee, lard or shortening. Fold over, pinch edges together, then seal with fork tines. Think of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry as your blank canvas.
Puff pastry fried rounds step by step
- Remove from packaging and roll it thinly using a rolling pin. Spread the butter or margarine and sprinkle custard powder. Roll it tightly like a swiss roll. Seal the edges with water and cut in rounds about 1/2 cm and lightly press..
- Mix the icing sugar and cinnamon and keep it aside. On medium heat, heat oil in a wide bottom pan. Lower the temperature and deep fry the rounds. Keep them flipping over so are fried evenly. Remove once light golden brown. Sprinkle icing sugar and cinnamon mix while still hot. Serve hot with ice cream or drizzle some chocolate sauce. Enjoy..
Be inspired by our recipes and use your imagination to create your own unique, impressive dishes that guests will love. Puff pastry Boiled potato Cheese(mild cheddar Onion Jalapeño Salt,pepper Steps. Mix boil potato finely chopped onion (sauted)cheese,jalapeño,salt and pepper. Put the mixture on top of ready roll pastry then roll to the edge and cut into slices. This flaky round pastry comes ready to make wonderful empanadas, cakes, tarts and endless recipes.