Short Crust Pastry / Tart shells. Sweet shortcrust is for less sweet fillings like crème patissiere (pastry cream). Crumbly crust is for lemon bars, cheesecakes, etc. And today I am making shortcrust pastry because I am making a tart tomorrow. 🙂 Shortcrust Pastry – Tart Shell – Pie Crust – Pâte Brisée Recipe.
Ingredients of Short Crust Pastry / Tart shells
- It’s 225 grams of All-purpose flour.
- You need 150 grms of very cold butter.
- You need 2 tbls of icing sugar.
- It’s 2-3 tbls of ice cold water.
- You need Pinch of salt.
The perfect pastry is soft and 'short', or crumbly. How To Make Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Tart Shells. Hi there 🙂 This is the recipe I use for my sweet tarts. It's a rich, crumbly, tender, flakey pastry that is blind-baked first using rice or pie beans.
Short Crust Pastry / Tart shells step by step
- Mix flour, icing sugar, salt with cold butter cubes. Mix with finger tips to make the crumbly, if needed add iced cold water (i am using just a tbls for binding the dough). Make a dough ball and wrap it with cing film press it to make a square shape dough. Keep in fridge for 30 minutes..
- After 30 Minutes dust some flour and roll the pastry dough, ½ inch thick dough cut with any round cutter, (i have tart moulds but i do prefer to make them without moulds) and place the cut pastry dough sheet on back of the cupcakes tray set them lightly..
- Bake them in oven for about 30 to 35 Minutes at 190° F. Enjoy these tart shells with any filling..
It is also called Sweet Pastry, Sweetpaste, Sweet Shortcrust Pastry or Sweetcrust. Spray a standard size, non-stick muffin tin's holes thoroughly. Press it out evenly in each hole. You can even roll it out, line the tart pan and keep it frozen until you're ready to bake. Now take a second muffin pan and place it on top of the first, carefully pressing the pastry down into each hole (a trick for blind baking).