Puff Pastry Pizza. Discover Deals on the Pizza You Deserve with Papa Johns®. Order Papa John's® & Enjoy Delicious Handcrafted Pizza. When thawed, carefully open the sheet, then slice it in half down the middle.
Ingredients of Puff Pastry Pizza
- You need of Tomato Sauce:.
- Prepare 6 of Tomatoes Halved,.
- Prepare of Canola / Grapeseed / Sunflower Oil, A Drizzle.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Prepare 15 of Cherry Tomatoes Halved, About.
- It’s 1 of Onion Finely Chopped,.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- It’s of Olive Oil, A Drizzle.
- It’s of Vegetables:.
- It’s 1 Handful of Leeks / Scallions Coarsely Sliced,.
- You need 1 Handful of Chili / Bell Peppers Deseeded Coarsely Sliced,.
- You need 1 Handful of Mushrooms (I am using Shiitake & Oyster),.
- It’s of Carrots Shredded, A Small Handful.
- You need of Celery Finely Sliced (I am using Caixin Stalks), A Small Handful.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- You need Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- You need of Pizza:.
- Prepare 2 of Store-bought Frozen Puff Pastry,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Mozzarella Low Moisture Freshly Shredded,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Feta Crumbled,.
- Prepare of Herbs (I am using coriander) Coarsely Chopped, A Small Handful.
- Prepare of Balsamic Glaze Preferably Alce Nero's, A Drizzle.
It matches nicely with most pizza toppings and is one of the easiest bases you will ever make. You can do any topping combination for these pizzas. However, if you do not feel like thinking, I have a couple of great examples in this recipe. The puff pastry crust is filled with melted mozzarella and once the pizza comes out of the oven, it's topped with a refreshing arugula salad.
Puff Pastry Pizza instructions
- Prepare tomato sauce. *If you have canned tomatoes, you can opt to skip the following process. 2 cans will be enough.* Preheat oven to 230 degree celsius or 450 fahrenheit. Coat tomatoes well with oil, salt and pepper..
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish or a casserole, cut side down. *Do not overlap.* Wack in the oven and bake for about 40 to 50 mins or until the tomatoes are charred. The liquid should also almost evaporated..
- Carefully remove the charred skins. They should peel off easily. It is okay if there're some charred bits. Add in cherry tomatoes, onion and garlic, distributing evenly. Drizzle some olive oil over the top..
- Return to the oven and bake for no more than 5 mins. Remove from the oven and give it a mix. Transfer into a blender. Pulse it a few times for a chunky sauce or blitz a smooth sauce. Set aside until ready to use..
- Prepare the roasted vegetables. You can use an outdoor grill or even a griddle to roast your vegetables. I am using a normal skillet. Roast the leeks, chili and mushrooms until almost charred on both sides, without any oil..
- Do not crowd the skillet or griddle. Do it in batches. Do not wash the skillet or griddle. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down slightly. Once cooled enough to handle, coarsely slice and dice the vegetables. Set aside..
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the tomato sauce and deglaze, picking up all the charred bits. By doing so, will add more flavors to the sauce. Add in the roasted vegetables, carrots and caixin stalks. *I did not roast the carrots and caixin stalks, cos I want some freshness in the sauce.*.
- Stir to combine well. Season with salt, pepper and mushroom powder. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use..
- Prepare the pizza. Preheat oven as per puff pastry packaging instructions. Roll out puff pastries on a lightly floured surface to the size of your baking trays, with a thickness of 1/8 inch..
- Transfer onto baking trays lined with parchment. Using a butter knife, create a 1/2 inch border along the edges of the puff pastries. Wack into the oven and bake until golden brown. Remove from the oven, using the back of a spatula, press down the center..
- Spread the vegetable mixture over the top leaving that 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle in the cheeses. Return back into the oven and bake until the cheeses have melted..
- Remove from oven, garnish with some coriander. Drizzle some balsamic glaze over the top. Slice and serve immediately. *To make your own balsamic glaze, simply heat 1 cup of high-quality balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Continue cooking until it has reduced to 1/4 cup or thick and coats the back of a spoon.*.
Chicken, Asiago & Pear Tart puff pastry, pizza sauce, egg, water, mozzarella The Pioneer Woman's Shortcut Puff Pastry Pizza The Dr. With bright Spring flavors on a flaky, buttery crust, it's perfect as an appetizer, entree or last-minute snacks. It seems like I went to bed and overnight winter turned to Spring. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Recipe courtesy of Great British Chefs.